Hello, how are you?


About two weeks ago I bought a screen of the Sony Bravia brand model xbr55x900e, I've been buying it for a while now, until I got upset, my elbow hurt a little, because as you know, these screens have a high purchase value, but since it's really worth the acquisition, I've been investigating for a year which of the models that the Sony brand handled in that year (2017) were within my reach and to my requirements, and for this, years ago I had acquired the model screen xbr49x830c, an excellent screen which my parents use to watch their favorite programs, was Then I liked the characteristics that this TV had, for which I dared to acquire another product from the same brand, but I had already investigated which screen I was going to acquire, so I investigated even more about the new technologies that had that year (2017), for which I was very struck by the model xbr55x900e, which without lying, I was surprised by the characteristics it has, and the quality far superior to that of xbr 49x930c, clarifying that one has better and more advanced technology than the 830c.
XBR49X930C Sony Bravia
Since I acquired the 900e screen, which by the way I bought directly with Sony, and I waited for a long time at the department stores in my city to lower the price of the product, but instead of going down, they increased, I decided to do it directly with they, and it was like that, took five days when the screen will arrive at my house, I was afraid that it would arrive broken or something like that, since they sent it to me from Mexico City to the south of the country, but thanks to God arrived well without problems.

Then I decided to remove it from its packaging and everything, I turned it on and the welcome screen and the initial configuration came out, but for that and I think that everything started here, both my mistake and the screen, partly because I should not have updated it , since she asked me for the Internet access code of the modem and I put it on, and then she started updating the system, it took approximately an hour to update, I consider that this part should not have been done, but I should skip this step and leave the television with the configuration and the system that it brought from the factory and omit this update that she did, since I did not see for sure the image quality and the configuration in which they were in normal conditions and without trepidation in the frames and movements of the videos with black stripes.
900E Series


After I updated, I was watching videos on YouTube, but here I was watching videos in aspect ratio 16: 9, that is, in full screen without black bars, and as I mentioned before, let's say I copied the video configuration that I have in the xbr49x930c screen for the xbr55x900e, so that the videos would be seen as I like them, and honestly the videos in full screen amazed me of the spectacular quality of the image that reflects, as well as the fluidity of the frames with very fast movements that even dizzy Everything was fine for a few days, but everything started when I started watching videos with black bars, the problem is that when there are very fast movements, the motionflow feature does not work, that's right, it does not work, I thought that then, the problem was the YouTube application, I had even updated the application from the Play store, and even then the problem still existed, even at that time I agreed to the configuration of videos, and there I noticed that the section of movements, in motionflow, it was in soft and the cinemotion in clear, that is to say that the fluidity in the videos should run at 100% and without any trepidation in the fast movements, but even so it remained as it was, there was trepidation in the videos with black stripes, I was worried because on the screen I like to see many videos on YouTube, but then I started to think if it really was an application error, or software (Android) or some hardware, but And the latter had very little chance of it.

So using my logic, it was that I started watching videos on Netflix, and to my surprise, the same thing happened, there were trepidations in videos with black stripes, and the movies with full screen there was no trepidation and they ran with an excellent fluency and with the configuration of movement that I mentioned above, this was where I ruled out that this problem was then only YouTube, since Netflix was also involved in the matter, here was where my concern was great and more or less what I was hitting is that this is a firmware error, but to corroborate it, I needed to make a last test, watch a video from a USB device, and that's how it was, downloaded a video, and saved it on the device, played it on the screen, and if , that's how it was, there was trepidation in the video too, but, on this occasion, there was something that gave me the sense to make sure it was a firmware problem, since in the option n screen, there is a section that says enlarge image, I did, and oh surprise, to maximize the video, began to run the video with full fluency and without trepidation.

Since I was almost ready to sleep on that day that was almost an ordeal for me, I remembered that when I turned it on for the first time, the screen asked me to update, as I told you before, I did not let the screen work with the software and firmware that it brought from the factory, but updated before it was given the first use, and the next day I started researching in the online and physical manuals, to be able to restore the screen system from the factory, and I did it from the Android environment, from home> preferences> factory settings> restore. The screen was formatted and everything began to be normal with its configurations and everything. This time I did not connect it to the internet, so that it did not update the system, if I did not skip the step and according to me, it was left with the system that it brought from the factory, but I do not know why I got the impression that it did not , if not it was restored but with the update that was downloaded on the day I turned it on when I bought it, my headache was increasing, as I went back to doing the tests and realized that the problem still existed, even without the configurations that I had copied from the 930c, that is, the problem persisted, that's when I started to research on the internet, but the detail is that there is no information in Spanish, only in English, and so I researched about my problem , since I did not consider that I was the only one with this detail, and if indeed I found information in foreign pages, and that the error is incurring in the firmware and some bad video configuration.

As I was not convinced in the restoration of the system through Android, I did it manually as established in the user manual, in which I disconnected the screen, pressed the power buttons and the minus button and waited for the time for the central led to turn green, it was so I did it and the restoration was done manually, if it took a while to perform this procedure the screen, but here if I considered that it was restored with the pre-installed software that brings manufactures the screen. I went back to the initial configuration step and it turned on fine and everything. And I copied the configuration of the 830c to the 900e, but now I was more careful with it, since there could be the possibility that the firmware failure was here, in the configuration of the video, it was then that I was configuring the way to step video settings, and it was here that I discovered the big issue, that is, the problem had been found in a feature of the video configuration, well not one, but several, and that is between them to find this problem, all the settings that are predetermined by the manufacturer, I set them to NO or OFF, and this is where I began to realize that when a feature was disabled, the videos with black stripes, its fluidity ran without any problem, the characteristic that I realized that has this problem is in CREATION OF REALITY, this is the characteristic that is making the videos with black stripes have trepidations in rapid movements, as well as the levels of SHARPNESS in the videos and in the BLACK LEVELS , it is important to emphasize that these characteristics are the most particular of Sony, and honestly it is a very big and serious problem, since they are the characteristics that define the screen as such.
Leaving the screen with a simple configuration, what I did was turn it off, that is, turn it off, do not suspend it or restart it, in order to turn off the screen you must keep pressing the green button on the remote control for about 10 seconds until on the screen you leave the message off, and then turn on the same button and when I saw videos on YouTube with black stripes and saw that the vibrations and vibrations were gone, there was normal fluency with motion settings in motionflow> soft or custom higher, and in cinemotion> high, likewise in the application of Netflix the trepidations no longer existed, all due to some flaw in the main characteristics that define the Sony Bravia screen.

It is important to note that this failure, because it can not be called another name, is incurring in many TV sets, as I indicated previously there is only information in English for this problem, in the Sony community, it has already established forums on help and response But the Sony team has not yet presented a solution. Maybe because for them it is not a problem, that is to say that it is a failure of video configuration by the user, but even so, this problem should be solved by them, since I should not affect the operation of the TV at all.

Below are the aspect ratios that work and the motionflow feature does not work:

16: 9 works

1.85: 1 works

2.2: 1 don't work

2.222 don't work

2.40: 1 don't work

Applications and Players that we have problems with.

Mx Player

VLC Player

Reproductor de Bravia

Netflix

YouTube.

It is also necessary to mention that an update was sought for the operating system from the AndroidTV platform, and this is where I still have doubts, since as I indicated when I turned on the screen and connected it to the internet, it indicated that there were updates, After I made a sudden restoration, I turned off the updates and after a while (three days), I searched for updates from the Android environment, and this indicates that there are no updates for the system, but there is an unknown in all this, since from my computer, entering the Sony support page and typing the model number of the screen, in the drivers and software section, a firmware update appears, dated January 16, 2018, with version number, PKG6. 2818.0075NAA which is different from the one that the screen brings from the factory, which is PKG6.2676.0070NAA as you can see in the following image in the upper corner.



Screen capture Help menu on Bravia TV 900E series.
I clarify, that through the environment of AndroidTV this update has not been made, because the same system informs me that there is no update for the system, but through a computer on the Sony support page if it is found, here I comment that I have not made this update by direct download and paste it into a USB and the screen is responsible for the installation process, as I still do not dare, due to the fear that it will do something wrong and spoil the update process, likewise, the Sony support page in this update, only points out some problems to be solved, but the problem about motionflow and videos with black stripes do not see it as a relevant case in the update.





900E isn't update.

Also I do not know if this update has any relation with the version followed by Nougat, that is to say Oreo, so I can not assure you either since I have not tried it. (I already tried it and it's not Oreo)







https://esupport.sony.com/LA/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=XBR55X900E&upd_id=11395&os_group_id=18

I had previously told you that the problem was what the features that define the Sony Bravia screen are, I set to manually and step by step to determine which configuration is appropriate for the use and playback of videos, either on YouTube, Netflix or the default player, and there are no problems with trepidation and vibrations in the fast movements of any video, so record the configuration, and it is what I show you below:

Honestly it was too nice to be true, but some small problem had to emerge from the screen, and the truth disappoints me this mistake, because as I said before, I have the model 830c, which does not present any problem in terms of trepidation with videos in black stripes.

Well I hope you can use the settings I show you in the video and if it is affirmative, let me know in the comments. Thanks.